Thursday, August 20, 2009

Oh no she dnt!!! TMIT

I do wish I knew what it is about me that makes people want, need, whatever to unload their burdens on me.

Take last week.

Not being able to leave for lunch BH sent me to get dog meat tacos. No offense to anyone but the little taco place in our center is kind of our last resort for instant food. The place is not altogether clean, it's never air conditioned and the food is greasy. I love it. BH. Not so much. It messes with his digestion and TMIT or no that's all I'm saying.

So, I go. I place my order and while paying a woman comes in and announces loudly. "I just had surgery!" and again "I just had surgery!!" I don't hear anyone respond and I wonder who the heck she's talking to so I look over and she's staring right at me. "I JUST HAD SURGERY!"

"Oh!" I say "Are you alright?" I've never seen this woman before.

and then

She pulls up her shirt and shows me her incision that runs the entire length of her abdomen.

I know!

"NOT TO GOOD!" she says.

I make a horrible face, say ugh, and turn away. I'm 'bout ready to eat and I have no desire to have surgery talk with this woman, who, I notice, has an adorable dog. On a leash. In a food establishment. To which the owners do not say a word. And why should they. He's a cute little guy and I'm assuming if he's stays much longer we'll have the little darlin for lunch.

As adorable as he is and as much as I want to make baby talk with him, the woman, she scares me a little, so I ignore them both.

But he will not be ignored as he rubs his cute little self all over me. He is dressed in a cami jacked and has a 'I'm in service' patch. (I wish I'd taken a pic because he really was cute) He's no bigger than a tamale so I can't imagine he is a real service dog until she anounces. Loudly. "He's a service dog! He is! He reminds me to take my medication!"

I resist the urge to ask how he does this or perhaps had he forgotten to remind her this morning. Or did he remind her more than once?

"He's a Papillon (yes I looked it up) and he weighs 5 pounds. HE WEIGHS 5 POUNDS! and he just had puppies and I'm selling them for $350.00 AND I take payment plans.)

I mumble something I don't think she hears and just pet the cute little guy until she loses interest in me. Thankfully she heads for the door, announcing loudly "DON'T LET HIM LEAVE! I JUST HAD SURGERY AND HE'S MY RIDE HOME" I hadn't even noticed the gentleman she came in with.

Thankfully my order is ready and I quickly leave before she has a chance to return.

Back in the office I relay my story. Carefully as I don't wish to ruin anyone's lunch, especially my own.

I barely have time to digest my lunch when I get a phone call.

Oh, this is good and I've no time to tell it.

I'll post this story next TMIT

4 comments:

ikss / Karen said...

ACK! You're a tease... :)

BTW, I am totally one of those people, too. Every freak, nut-job and wackadoo wandering the planet somehow finds me and starts up a conversation. It's like I'm a beacon.

Or, you know - we are just incredibly nice, patient and in all other ways wonderful people and that shows in our auras.

rachaelgking said...

Oh, wow... CRAZY PANTS MAGEE, that lady!!

Punchbugpug said...

HAHAHAHA....maybe "he" reminds her by peeing on her leg?

witchypoo said...

Stinker!