This is a little gross. A lot gross really but it has consumed me for weeks.
Thought I'd share.
You're welcome.
Every morning and every night I massage the lymph to where it needs to go. It takes 15-20 minutes and it's a great time to read, meditate or watch a movie. Or pick at skin tags and notice I need to shave. So one day I'm noticing a little bump. It's little, just below my panty line. And it is really little.
Then it gets a little bigger. For a good couple weeks it continues to grow. And it's hard, like a little rock. So now I have to worry. Is it a tumor? Is it?
I contort myself into an uncomfortable position under a bright light with a magnifying glass. (you got a better idea?) I notice a little black spot. Teeny tiny black spot. Like a splinter, but it doesn't' hurt. Well didn't hurt until I got a needle and tried to dig out whateverthehell it was. I never did get the black spot out and now it hurts.
A couple days later, it's red, and sore. I look to see if there's a head on it cause you know I gotta go after it with a pin again. There isn't.
A couple days later it's really red and really sore. Still no head and it's too damn sore to go poking around again.
I'm showing everyone. 'Come here! Look at this thing! Hurts like hell!'
'Jesus Mother! Did you name that thing?' Middle asks.
'Not yet'
BH is not interested. In the least. 'leave it alone' he says.
I can't, could you? It's horrible! It's huge! And it hurts me bad.
So then, one blissful day, it's ready! Big white nasty looking head on that thing. By this time It's the size of a .50 piece, black and horribly painful. I take my position. Bright light, glasses, magnifying glass, sharp pin and some alcohol to disinfect. (I had forgotten to disinfect the last time which may be why it got so dang infected) And I squeeze and squeeze. It's like the most righteous zit you can imagine. And leaves an enormous hole. Now I'm worried that it's an abscess and I'll have to go to the hospital. I run around showing everyone again. The pain however, does not subside. Not even a little. I think it may have gotten a little worse even. I can't sit comfortably, my clothes hurt, it hurts to bathe, it is a miserable thing.
I complain loudly to anyone and everyone.
BH: It's just a boil. A boil! What! You've never had a boil before?
Me: Honestly, I never have.
BH: Well, it's a boil. Leave it alone, it'll go away.
Me: What if it get so infected that I get sick and have to go to the hospital?
BH: They're not putting you in the hospital for a boil, relax. You name it yet?
The next morning I notice that it has gathered up some more steam, or whatever, and I get to go at it again. This time I don't need a pin as the hole is enormouse. And this time out comes this hard white thing. I have no idea what that is. Now I'm worried. How did that get in there? Is it suppose to be there and now I'm taking it out? WTH!
I go talk to #2 son. 'Oh yeah, it's a hair folicle, little hard white thing?'
me: Yeah!
#2 son: Yep, that's what it is. You name that thing yet?
me: Why?
#2 son: Well it may be around for awhile, you might as well make friends with it.
What do you name something evil and retched?
I'm thinking of dressing it up for Halloween
I told you it was gross.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my! I think you better go to the Doctor. He can lance it and give you some pain meds!
Post a Comment