Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Valentines Day part III

We check into the room. Now these are cabins, like you'd get on a cruise, only these are old. Most have been updated. At least with new carpet and other stuff you just gotta have to make it livable.

This one had marble tops on the cabinets. I doubt these are original.

I sprinkle a little Valentines glitter on all the tops. I brought a little candle and lit it. Most hotel rooms have an odor about them and this one did not disappoint.

What is that smell anyway?
Lots of people?
Smoke?
This ship was once used to haul a bunch of sailors during WWII.
Could it be the smell of sailors? Having a card game? With whiskey and stinky cigars?

The bathroom was awesome.

It had this ginormous bathtub.
Would you just die to have a tub like this? It is huge! Long! Deeep! Yeah baby!

I felt like I needed to totally sanitize it. I decided against a long soak. Most hotel rooms have hairdryers. This one did not. Since we were leaving the next day I opted not to shower even. I just could not bring myself to get in this tub.

And look at this!
Is that a riot?! At one time you could fill the tub with fresh or salt water! I thought this was very cool. It doesn't work that way anymore.

The toilet had this interesting thing on the side of it. I don't know what it is.
I never asked.
This is how you flush the toilet.The medicine cabinet.This is how you got air into the room. You could twirl the dial to warm or cool air.
It only blew cold air. We turned it off. They did upgrade this suite for a thermostat. It worked great.
This is the wood on all the cabinets, paneling, all of it. It's beautiful. Burled wood. The picture doesn't do it justice.
and this fan!
Didn't work. But it was cool!
I cannot imagine why these cubboards don't have doors. There is a little piece of wood that is suppose to keep stuff on the shelf. Still. I imagine when this ship is rockin and rollin, nothing would stay on them. Maybe they had doors at one time. I didn't see any evidence of it.
This is the hardware behind the mirrors. You could move the mirrors in so that you could see all around you.
The closet. I love love love the wood. This is a little shoe rack thing.
The porthole. Our view was of the land side vs the harbor side.

After we dump our stuff we decide to stroll the deck and have a look around.

No comments: