Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Shopping Fun

As of today we are still not done with our Christmas shopping. Or house cleaning. Or cookie baking. Or food shopping.

Last weekend I fell ill to the piglet flu. Not the full on h12O or whatever it's called, but a little mini version of what the swine flu just might feel like. Mostly I just wanted to sleep. I was able to get out and about and spread some Christmas flu cheer with a crowded mall.

We needed to get something for the grandkids, more on that fiasco later, and something for mom. What do you get an 80 something minimilist? In the past we've gotten her things that she can use. A jacket, faster internet, stuff like that. This year, blank. We got nuthin up our sleeve. With just days to go the pressure is on.

I know! says he, lets go to the Probass Shop. This is an awesome place, it really is. They have this restaurant attached that has huge fish tanks all over and this time of year they've got their fireplaces lit. When ever we head out that way we always stop for a bite or a drink and watch the fish. Really a great place. But the store, the store is awesome too. There are large fish tanks throughout and water falls and little lakes and climbing rocks and stuffed game and things, all kinds of things. If you camp, fish, hike whatever, it's there. I saw the cutest little cami wear for infants. I could spend a day or two just looking at stuff.

Except we're trying to find a gift for mom.

At a glorified Big 5.

I know.

But, you never know I guess. They could just have something during the holiday season, right? Right?

I found this. An edible bowl maker! Is that cool or what? I kind a wanted one of those. And it had this video playing with the Billy Mays wanna b. I could not stop watching.

We didn't get it. Mother S is not baking much these days. I cannot see her (or anyone now that I think about it) ever using an edible bowl maker.

We're still looking for the perfect gift. At this late hour I'll settle for a nice but not so perfect gift.

Four days till Christmas.

I'm just not gonna make it folks. And the gnomes? Somethin is up with them. I FEEL IT!

4 comments:

Smushie Ranch said...

Mom says she was affected by the piggy flu also. But mostly it just had somethin to do with Ben & Jerry's...

xoxo
stella, Gunther and Betty

witchypoo said...

Give her some money and take her to the casino. Maybe it'll start a whole new hobby for her. You won't have to worry about that pesky inheritance, either. Some hobbies is expensive ;)

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Thank you so much for the box of Christmas goodies! We got the package today, and we're chowing down on that yummy stuff! Thank you so much for thinking about us!!

agent99 said...

you're just evil...now I NEED one of those bowl makers.....damnit.

Agent99
Mom & Gen & Foo