Friday, August 22, 2008

Recipe Friday!

I totally stole this from another blog. The problem is I was surfing so many blogs I cannot remember where I got it. Also it was on my blackberry which makes everything small. How I even saved this image I'll never know.

I had a girls night out at the Italian place near my work. Great food, they can accommodate a large gaggle of goofy women. It was wonderful. We do this from time to time and have a craft exchange. Wait till I show you my loot!

BH, does not cook for himself. He'll grab whatever munchie he can find and wait till I get home. I always order either a soup or a salad to chat with the girls and then have a pizza for my entre. They're always so big, I'll eat a couple of slices and bring the rest home for BH.

I totally love pizza, all kinds, Pepperoni is my fav. Last time I ordered the Pepperoni and it was good, but I decided to get adventurous. So I ordered the Shrimp Pesto Pizza.

Holy holy holy!

None of this fits with the low carb diet of course but I do intend to make this low carb. I'll keep you informed.

Shrimp Pesto Pizza


1 (16 ounce, 12-inch) Italian bread
shell
1/3 cup refrigerated prepared pesto
1 (8 ounce) package
6-cheese Italian recipe blend
or shredded Mozzarella cheese,
divided
8 ounces cooked shrimp, shelled and deveined
1/2 cup
coarsely chopped softened sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup minced green
onion
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

Place bread shell on baking sheet; spread evenly
with pesto. Sprinkle with half of cheese; top with shrimp and
tomatoes. Top with remaining cheese; sprinkle with onion and crushed
red pepper. Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes or until cheese is
melted. Cut into wedges to serve.

Serves 6.

Nutritional
information per serving: 459 calories, 29 grams protein, 20 grams
fat, 825 milligrams sodium, 109 milligrams cholesterol, 397
milligrams calcium, 39 grams carbohydrates

No comments: