Thursday, November 01, 2007

NaBloPoMo pumpkin biscuits

NaBloPoMo is finally here!

and I almost forgot to post. Busy guys, very very busy, like packing and moving and working busy.

Ah well, here goes.

For NaBloPoMo I decided that I would post a pumpkin recipe every day. You know, it's fall, pumpkins are fun and delicious, why the heck not. I've collected a number of pumpkin recipes over the years and I always try to make at least one new pumpkin recipe every year. This year I thought I'd try more than one.

That was before I new I would be moving.

In November.

Just before Thanksgiving.

Yeah!

So here you are. Your first pumpkin recipe.

(Just got your message Punchy. I'm working on it now.)

I have not made this recipe. I did make a pumpkin biscuit years ago but lost the recipe in a previous move or computer crash or whatever.

Pumpkin Biscuits

Ingredients
2-2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/3 cup cold butter
3/4 cup pumpkin (canned or cooked and mashed)
3/4 cup milk

Instructions
Place 2 cups flour in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Stir well.

Using a pastry blender or two knives in scissor fashion, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the moisture resembles coarse crumbs.

Add the pumpkin and the milk and stir until all ingredients are moistened and a soft dough forms. (Add more flour if needed, but just enough so it is easy to handle.)

Roll out on a lightly floured surface to approximately 1/2-inch thick. Cut into approximately 2-inch circles using a floured biscuit or cookie cutter and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet 1-inch apart.

Bake at 450 degrees F for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot with butter, honey, or honey butter.

Yield: about 12 biscuits

3 comments:

TheOneTrueSue said...

Oh my goodness, I might have to try to actually bake something. Yum.

Punchbugpug said...

I didn't want you to miss out on the first day!!!! Great idea for posting. We love "pumpkin" at our house!

AM said...

Mmm. those pumpkin bisucuits sound delicious. I might try that soon. I love pumpkin.