Thursday, February 22, 2007

The return of the strip eyelashes, MASTERED!!!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha!

I have mastered the stip eyelash problem! I can now get those little bastid's on with great results and very little effort. I was not going to let a little stip of hair get the better of me. I dug the darn things out of the trash and sat at the table until I got them on. I did it, I did it, ah ha ha ha ha!

How does someting so light and tiny make a person so crazy? How?

I tried the individual ones that you glue onto your lashes but with very few lashes to adhere to they kept dropping off. So I had to make another go with the stips.

Here are some of my tricks.

1) Use eyemakeup remover to remove the goo they have on it already. Then straighten them. the strip part, not the lash, I have trouble with the natural curve they have.

2) Measure and snip off the end away from the nose. Just a little. So they don't hang of one end of the eye or other.

3) Use toothpick to apply thin layer to falsies. Let this tack up a little. Start at the nose and work your way to outside of eye. Rest gently on scrawny natural lashes and keep strip as close to natural lashes as possible. Hold this down for a minute, continue to check to see if it's on right and hasn't shifted.

4) Let one eye set up completely first. Go get a cup of coffee and walkaround like the creepy guy in Clockwork Orange.

5) Repeat with other eye.

6) Apply glue with toothpick to eyelid where lashes seem to want to come up. They say to only apply glue to the lash but I end up popping off the entire lash that way.

7) Keep toothpick and glue in purse for when they threaten to pop off during the day.

I put my other make up on after. They say to do it first but I think that it's easier this way. I also put my contact in before I start so I can at least see what I'm doing. Magnifying mirrors are a wonderful thing as well. I'd like to find a dinky one for my purse.

I found some very nice brown ones at a beauty supply in Murrieta. Not to far but not in town. I ruined those in my previous attempts. CVS has a lovely pair of black ones that were not so thick. 100% human hair and they look pretty good. As soon as I'm able I'll get another few brown pairs in Murrieta. Maybe I'll look online.

Now taking them off once the glue has set is intersting. I have a tiny makeup brush that I brush the makeup remover on and let set a minute to soften. This works pretty good. Then I have to remove the glue from the lashes. This is tricky. The remover softens the glue but doesn't desolve it. So you sort of have to pull it off gently (gently, gently) or you'll ruin the lashes. Ask me how I know this? Nevermind. I then gently clean the lashes with the brush and remover, try not to uncurl the lashes, straighten them up for the next day.

Next I have to get the glue off the eyelid. Not as tricky but the day before yesterday I thought I had it all off only to find in the morning it had balled up and looked like nastly snotty eye buggers.

Well done! (I am patting myself on the back.)

2 comments:

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Snotty eye buggers!!! Too funny - you have way more patience than I do!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! i knew youd get the hang of it. Ive used fake lashes (the strip kind from CVS) before for performances. Loved the way I looked in them!