Monday, July 31, 2006

Julian Trip part I **Day 6**

ulian is a little town in San Diego County. About 1 1/2 to 2 hours from where we live. They are known for growing apples. Every year we go to either Julian or Oak Glen. Oak Glen is also about 1 1/2 hours from us in San Bernadino county. My Mother's birthday is in September so I usually plan a trip with her. It's fun. We buy a pie, sometimes a bag or box of apples. Many times I will dry them for snacks. One year I dried them and used them for Christmas tree ornaments. I will dry for days and days and the house smells heavenly. Just like apple pie. My dad loves apple pie for Thanksgiving and Christmas so sometimes I will freeze them and make pies with them.

This year the gals I used to work with all decided to have a girls day out and go to Julian. There were 6 of us and we had such a great time. BH had never been to Julian with me so he and I went there a few weeks ahead of the girls and walked around. The weather was warm and wonderful.This was early in July and the apples were just starting to grow.
We sat outside and had a piece of sugar free apple pie ala mode. Yum.
This is from the trip with the girls. We went to this candy shop named King Leo Candy Co. or something like that. It was before you got to Julian and as we needed a pit stop (all girls you know) we stoped there. We all needed the facilities and there in the back of the shop was this huge cement lion. We thought this was hysterical. You see the lion is toothless. No doubt from all the candy. Of course we needed pictures.
Here I am laying one on the toothless giant. He was very sweet. Pun intended.
These are the girls. We all worked together in Christies (2nd from the right) shop. When she sold the shop we all left. Long story, very sad and a little boring.

Commit to Quit Day 6

Still doing good. I have not smoked even though I have wanted to. Still wearing the hideous patch. BH lets me know how proud of me he is evey chance he gets.

We went out to dinner with my folks last night. My mother is very pleased about my not smoking. It really is tough so I am thankful those that love me realize how hard it is. I must admit with the patch the body does not go through withdrawls so it is kind of cheating. Eventually the patch will not be necessary so I am willing to live with the shame of cheating. I will eventually be smoke free.

DIET PLAN

I realize that quiting smoking and dieting at the same time is a recipe for disaster. (he he) I know that I must do something or I will have only 4 things to wear. None of my jeans fit, that's a drag, so I am left with some dresses (getting snug under the arms) and a stretchy pant thing. Very cute but I will have to wear them every other day or so, making people wonder if I every change my clothes.

So here is the plan. I am going low carb again. I did it about 5 years ago when I was about 20 up. It worked very well. I lost the weight quickly and never felt hungry. I don't like discomfort, can you tell? I want fast. I want easy. Is that too much to ask?

I've already started this weekend and doing pretty well. I am cheeting but only a little. I would rather cheat a little or a lot with food than cigs so I am giving myself a little grace.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

That looks like fun trip with the girls. That lion is so funny with no teeth. Reminds me of a statue that is outside near where my parents live. I'll have to get a picture one day.

You are doing great. I wouldn't consider using a patch as cheating...it's an aid. That is two hard things you are doing and keep up the good work. I'm trying to get off the sugar myself. But I will eat fruits and try to stay away from the chocolate.

Priscilla said...

Thank you so much. I think you're right. It really is an aid and it is still very hard to do even with the patch.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
Mms nascar jackets Dymond model sports boat props ferrari subaru dealer Mugler parfum perfume Cigar humidifiers travel Akria pants manipulation ini files windows script host Fashion world venezuela jewelry import hidden camera surveillance equipment phone recorder security

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it zona amateurs Saab barracuda control fibter internet parental symantec parental control xp Dct2224+parental+control http://www.mitsubishi-diamante-door.info/1995_mitsubishi_eclipse_gsx.html parental control + play station pilates katowice Moving companies odenton maryland Stow davis sofa Control explorer internet parental http://www.car-audio-amplifiers.info/parental-control-isp.html venlafaxine

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! http://www.sauna-0.info/teeth-whitening-az.html Compare and buy bookcases Supplement vitamin b 1 bomber Allergic reaction around the face http://www.free-on-line-anti-virus.info/Production-accounting-career.html Amber michaels anal steel security software Saab 143 http://www.web-site-design-houston.info/Software-website-design-free-download.html Janine lindemulder anal http://www.accounting-3.info/Games_palm_freeware.html Girls in bras pics Best free bontril generic Valtrex zyrtec proscar Refinance mortgage ga farmers insurance Sony ericsson k500i software Levitra sofa couch Free anal sex movie Vxsniffer ppc